Refurbishment Works in Connection with Plant & Vehicle Stores Offices – Port Talbot
|Refurbishment Works in Connection with Plant & Vehicle Stores
In June 2011 DLC were invited to a pre-tender site meeting for the proposed building works in connection with the Plant and Vehicle Stores. The proposed tender was for the full refurbishment of the ground and first floor of the P & V Stores for the purpose of new offices.
The tender package was submitted to Corus on the 1st July 2011 and included some of the following specifications;
• Extensive Rip Out and Alteration Works to the Ground Floor and First Floor
• Full mechanical design and analysis of the Heating and Water Services.
• Structural design repair on internal supporting beams on ground floor due to erosion.
• Complete refurbishment within building area inclusive of wall finishes, floor finishes, new suspended ceiling, formation of partitioned offices, toilets and shower rooms.
Darlow Lloyd Construction were successful with the bid for the proposed works and was awarded the contract for the P & V Stores refurbishment at the end of September 2011.
Prior to the commencement of the refurbishment works Darlow Lloyd Construction were asked by TATA Project, to Project Manage the entire refurbishment project including incorporating the electrical requirements, external building works and scaffolding requirements into the scheme.
Darlow Lloyd Construction commenced with the project on the 21st May 2012. The programme was extended during the refurbishment works of the first floor and ground floor due to unforeseen additional works and further building/mechanical works requested by TATA.
Due to the delays the programme was staggered with the East Side of P & V Stores completed and handed over to TATA in July, First Floor Completed and handed over in September, and the fully refurbished P & V Stores completed and handed over to TATA in January 2013.
Additional and Further Civil Works
Darlow Lloyd Construction remained on site until the end of January completing additional building works for the first floor and ground floor. Further and additional works requested by TATA included;
• Temporary toilet formation and CCTV cavity tray
• Asbestos survey to external window panels
• Additional plumbing Installation to toilet Area
• Renewal and installation of internal roof guttering systems
• Excavation for optical service installation
• East and south elevation box profile cladding and flashing renewal
• Removal of old redundant plant and equipment
• Formation of concrete pads for external mechanical equipment
• Additional electrical requirements for ground and first floor areas
• Installation of telecom exchange and civil works at the P & V