Scrap Handling Yard, Tallent
|Installation of a new scrap handling yard and retaining wall at Gestamp Tallent Ltd – Llanelli, South Wales
Darlow Lloyd Construction was awarded the Sub-Contract as part of a new Infrastructure reinvestment at the Llanelli based metal stamping plant. The Sub-Contract was carried out for one of Tallent’s long standing Maintenance contractors Magnaforce as part of a larger scheme.
The scope of works for the contract was to bulk excavate and re-profile an existing bank to enable the formation of a new scarp handling yard measuring 65Lm long x 25Lm wide. To accommodate this new area, DLC designed and installed a new ground bearing in-situ reinforced concrete retaining wall complete with integral drainage.
The design also had to take into consideration for future developments of the grass bank areas and was increased in strength for future proofing.
DLC carried out this project on a Design and Build basis which meant that all aspect of project control we kept in house.
The main project consisted of the following works: –
• Excavation of soil to formation depths and bulk muck shifting on site.
• Construction of 5M to 3M high reinforced concrete retaining walls complete with integral rear face drainage
• Construction of reinforced concrete yard areas.
• Installation of concrete kerbs and land soakaways
• Back filling behind retaining wall and reprofiling of the surrounding ground areas.
Once again the tight contract programme was achieved and the project delivered on time, safely and within budget.